BOOKEO makes configuring Mollie easy via OAuth 2.0
Recently, BOOKEO, an online scheduling software and reservation system integrated Mollie as their preferred payment service provider for Europe. Customers of BOOKEO can now easily link their account with their merchant account at Mollie.
Usually such integrations of SaaS platforms with Mollie consist of an option to use Mollie for payments and a text field for pasting your API key. However, BOOKEO implemented the integration via our OAuth 2.0 API.
Integrating your platform with Mollie via OAuth 2.0 has a number of benefits over exchanging plain API keys:
- Merchants can link their account using the Connect with Mollie-button, there is no need to exchange API keys;
- Privileges exchanges between Mollie and the platform are clearly visible and approved by the merchant;
- The platform can easily switch from test- to livemode payments and can retrieve activation status from Mollie automatically;
- Mollie can be more deeply integrated into the platform. For example, settlements can be displayed, the open balance and the next settlement date can be displayed, and any invoices from Mollie can be shown to the merchant inside your own platform;
- Finally, OAuth 2.0 allows you to charge platform fees to the merchant through Mollie. Contact us if you would like to know more.
As you can see, integrating Mollie as a platform via OAuth 2.0 offers significant advantages. Check out our getting started guide on Mollie Connect if you would like to know more.
To see how easy the integration with Mollie can be set up, you can check out the BOOKEO guide for connecting with Mollie.