SOFORT Bank Transfer
With Mollie, you can quickly and easily accept SOFORT Bank Transfer payments, a European-wide payment method. Getting started is easy, there are no hidden fees or lock-in contracts, and you only pay for successful transactions.
SOFORT Bank Transfer is popular throughout Europe. With SOFORT, customers don’t need to create an account to pay or make a donation. They simply use their online banking credentials to log in and transfer money directly from their bank account.
SOFORT has a bank coverage of 99% in 13 countries, enabling transactions with almost every bank (and giving access to more than 350M users) across Europe. This availability makes SOFORT Bank Transfer the ideal payment method for you if you’re looking to drive conversions and grow throughout Europe. Activating SOFORT Bank Transfer via Mollie will allow you to expand your business and offer your products and services in Austria, Belgium, Germany, Italy, Poland, Spain, Switzerland, and The Netherlands.
Currently, over 35,000 merchants offer SOFORT Bank Transfer to their customers, accepting a total of more than 2 million transactions each month. In Germany alone, SOFORT Bank Transfer is among the top 3 payment methods with an awareness of 94% among consumers.
With SOFORT Bank Transfer, customers can pay by bank transfer. The SOFORT payment process works like this:
- Customers log in to their online banking and authorise the payment they’re making via a transaction authentication number (TAN) before returning to your webstore.
- As soon as the transaction is approved, it’s logged in your Mollie Dashboard with a ‘paid’ status.
- Note: This ‘paid’ status refers to a completed transaction only, it does not mean Mollie has received the payment – this step takes 2 – 5 days to complete depending on the bank’s execution of the transfer.
- While Mollie awaits the receipt of payment (2-5 days), the SOFORT transaction is not yet guaranteed and could be cancelled, or bounce.
- As soon as Mollie receives the payment, the transaction status in your dashboard is updated to ‘paid out’. From this point on, the SOFORT Bank Transfer payment is guaranteed and cannot be reversed.
When you use Mollie to accept payments through SOFORT, you get the comfort of accepting all your payment methods through one provider, which allows you to keep track of your accounts, all in one place. You also gain access to our API, built for easy integration and handling high volumes. Our API and Dashboard enable direct refunds and easy data exports in multiple formats.
Implementing SOFORT Bank Transfer through Mollie is easy, there’s no lengthy signup process and we have free, open-source packages and plugins available for most coding languages and e-commerce platforms. Our prices are competitive and transparent; you only pay for successful transactions. And your Mollie Dashboard provides crucial insights into your transactions and payment history, which you can also view in the Mobile App.