How to add Apple Pay to your website
You can accept Apple Pay payments on your website quickly with Mollie.
- Create an account via our sign-up page
- Activate your account
- Activate credit card payments and add Apple Pay as a payment method
- Start accepting Apple Pay on your website for all customers using an Apple device
What is Apple Pay?
Apple Pay is Apple’s own payment method, available in more than 35 countries. It uses the Wallet app, in which a consumer places their payment cards.
The actual payment method therefore depends on the cards that are placed in the Wallet app. Currently, only credit cards are supported. The Wallet app stores all details and preferences of the various payment cards it holds.
The payment is completed with a fingerprint or face scan. With this, Apple Pay complies with the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations required under the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2).
How does the Apple Pay integration work?
Our system automatically detects whether your customer is paying from an Apple device. Only then will Apple Pay be offered as a payment method. After selecting Apple Pay as a payment method, the payment is completed with the Touch ID or Face ID, creating a seamless experience for your customers.
For the merchant, there are no additional costs for using Apple Pay. You only pay the regular credit card costs.
Why add Apple Pay to my website via Mollie?
- Available for all Apple users in more than 35 countries
- Fast, safe and simple payment for the customer
- Compliant with the Strong Customer Authentication (SCA) regulations required under the Payment Services Directive 2 (PSD2)
- No extra costs (beside the regular credit card rate)
Add Apple Pay to your website today
With Mollie, adding Apple Pay to websites is effortless. Simply sign up for one contract and one integration to offer Apple Pay and all other major payment methods.