Giropay is a popular bank transfer payment method in Germany. It uses more than 1,500 German banks, which makes it a trusted payment method under German customers. With Mollie you can integrate Giropay quickly and start processing payments right away. You only pay for successful transactions, no hidden fees involved.
€ 0.25 + 1.5 %
What is Giropay?
Germany’s most popular way to pay online is the bank transfer, used in 51% of all online purchases. This makes Giropay, integrating over 1,500 German banks, a very popular payment method on the German market. Because it uses real-time bank transfer, the payments made with Giropay are 100% guaranteed.
How does Giropay work?
When a customer chooses to pay with Giropay the payment process is as follows:
- The customer selects their bank from the list of participating banks.
- After selecting the bank, the customer logs in to the online banking environment.
- In the online banking environment the customer reviews the prefilled payment details.
- If all the information is correct the customer authorizes the payment.
- After the authorization the customer will receive a confirmation and the product will be send.
Benefits of Giropay through Mollie
When you use Mollie to accept payments through Giropay you get an access to our clever yet simple API, built for both easy integration and handling high volumes. Our API and Dashboard allow for direct refunds and can export all your data to several different formats for your bookkeeper. Furthermore, our prices are very competitive and transparent.
Implementing Giropay through Mollie is easy, there’s no lengthy signup process and we have free, open-source packages and plugins available for most coding languages and e-commerce platforms, which allows for easy integration into any project. Our prices are transparent; you only pay a low fee for successful transactions. And your personal dashboard gives you crucial insights into all your transactions and statistics. Mollie is the quickest and easiest way to implement Giropay.