What is PayPal?
PayPal is the most used online wallet in the world, with over 370 million active users. It iscan be used as a payment method in more than 200 countries.
Customers connect their credit card or bank account to their PayPal account, or add credit to their account. When using PayPal to pay for a purchase, the customer logs in and authorises the payment using their email address and password.
No further personal and financial details need to be shared with the website, which makes PayPal very safe. Payments can also be settled through a smartphone or tablet, which allows customers to pay anywhere with ease.
For customers, PayPal is a safe and easy way of paying for purchases online because it offers protection to both the buyer and seller. Customers can have the full amount of their purchase reimbursed if they don’t receive an item, or if they receive an item that doesn’t fit the description. Sellers are protected against receiving unauthorised payments and unsubstantiated claims of products not being delivered.
The usage of PayPal is quickly expanding beyond webshops to ticket-buying platforms, travel agencies and marketplaces.
How does accepting PayPal payments work?
Here’s how to accept PayPal payments on your website with Mollie:
- A PayPal business account is required to receive payments through PayPal. This account can then be easily connected to a Mollie account.
- When customers choose PayPal as their payment method online, they’re forwarded to the PayPal payment page, where they log in to their PayPal account. Here, they choose one of the payment options linked to their PayPal account and authorise the payment.
- Merchants receive instant feedback from Mollie when the status of the payment is known. The amount will be added directly to your PayPal account.
- From there, you can transfer it to your bank account
Why add PayPal to your website through Mollie?
- Offer PayPal and all major payment methods through a single integration and API
- Our API and Dashboard allow for direct refunds and allow you to export data in different formats for your bookkeeper
- Easy implementation with a simple sign-up process
- Free open-source packages and plugins for most coding languages and ecommerce platforms
- Transparent pricing with low fees only for successful transactions
Add PayPal to your website today
Mollie makes it easy to add PayPal to your website. Simply sign up for one contract and one integration to offer PayPal and all other major payment methods.