Mollie and Opayo are payment service providers that offer businesses a single platform to accept payments via different payment methods.
Mollie is a European-based payment service provider that offers a wide range of payment methods, including credit and debit cards, bank transfers, and e-wallets. Mollie’s effortless payment API allows you to offer a custom-branded checkout and accept multiple payment methods to boost conversion. Easily integrate Mollie payments with your website and onboard quickly with no minimum costs, no lock-in contracts, and no hidden fees. You also get local support, real-time business insights and reports, and an extensive range of more than 120 powerful plugins for your business.
Opayo is a UK-based payment service provider that offers a more limited range of payment methods, including credit and debit cards and bank transfers. Opayo is easy to integrate with your website and has three different options based on your business’s needs. If you use Opayo you will have access to your own insights dashboard to keep an eye on all transactions and access to 24/7 support from a UK-based support team.
Now you know a little bit more about Opayo and Mollie and what they offer, we will take a deeper dive into how they compare.
Image: Information from 20th May 2022
Source: Mollie API example
Opayo vs Mollie: how easy are they to implement and integrate?
Mollie and Opayo are both easy to implement and integrate into your website.
Mollie takes an API-first approach and offers best-in-class integrations for WooCommerce, Magento, and BigCommerce. SMEs love Mollie’s suite of integrations that help them seamlessly connect ecommerce tools to improve what they do and drive growth. Opayo seamlessly integrates with all major ecommerce platforms, POS platforms, and business tools.
- Quick and easy to implement and integrate
- API-first design
- Offers a suite of integrations ideal for SMEs
- Best-in-class integrations for WooCommerce, Magento, and BigCommerce
- 24/7 customer support at varying levels depending on the pricing option you choose
- Two-day payouts
- Flat rate compared to paying per transaction
- Seamlessly integrates with all major ecommerce platforms, POS platforms, and business tools
Mollie vs Opayo pricing
Mollie offers a pay-as-you-go model, so you only pay for the transactions you successfully process.
Mollie offers transparent pricing and all payment methods through one contract. That way, you have one main contact for all your payment questions. With Mollie, the connection to these payment methods is secure, stable, and built for high volume.
Want to set up recurring payments? With Mollie, there are no sign-up costs, lock-in contracts, or hidden fees. You only pay the applicable fee for successful transactions. Recurring payments can be collected through credit card, SEPA Direct Debit, Klarna: Slice It and Klarna: Pay in 3.
Opayo charges a flat monthly fee that covers transactions, customer support, and security tools. Opayo offers three different options that depend on your needs and requirements:
- Flex: Up to 350 transactions per month, fraud screening tools, and 24/7 customer support
- Plus: Up to 500 monthly token purchases, fraud screening tools, and ‘Fast Pass’ customer support
- Corporate: Bespoke pricing for over 3,000 transactions per month, a dedicated account manager, priority support, and premium fraud screening tools
- Only charge for successful transactions
- No lock-in contracts
- Easy-to-understand pricing
- Offer three different payment options
- Easy-to-understand pricing
- Can offer bespoke payment options to suit your needs
Opayo vs Mollie customer support
Both Opayo and Mollie have excellent customer support services.
Mollie offers customer support from dedicated support teams across Europe that can help resolve issues and offer payment guidance to help you grow your business. Mollie has an ‘excellent’ score on Trustpilot.
Opayo offers 24/7 customer support via phone, email, and live chat from their UK-based support team to help customers who have issues with any of their services. Businesses on their Plus package have “Fast Pass” access to their customer support and businesses on their Corporate packages have dedicated account managers. Opayo also has an ‘excellent’ score rating on Trustpilot.
- Customer support available to all customers
- ‘Excellent’ rating on Trustpilot
- 24/7 support via phone, email and live chat available for all customers (quickness of response will depend on your package)
- ‘Excellent’ rating on Trustpilot
Image: Information from 19th May 2022
Source: Mollie Dashboard
Mollie vs Opayo: What insights do they offer?
Mollie and Opayo offer many payments insights, including data on transaction volume, average transaction value, and transaction approval rates. Additionally, they offer insights into customer behaviour, including information on customer spending patterns and preferences.
With Mollie, all customers can access a dashboard that allows them to manage payments and access extensive data to make business decisions at speed. The Mollie Dashboard provides:
- Real-time data
The Mollie Dashboard works flawlessly on every device – mobile, desktop, and tablet. Mollie makes it easy to locate specific payments. You can search for:
- Order number
- Amount paid
- Customer name
And filter by:
- Payment method
- Time period
And arrange entire lists by:
With Mollie, you’ll have a detailed overview of your current balance and real-time access to previous and upcoming invoices and payouts. All your data is exportable for your preferred accounting software or can be exported automatically using one of Mollie’s best-in-class integrations. This makes administration easy and full reconciliation effortless.
There are some limitations to Opayo’s dashboard. These include:
- Limited insights: You can only see GBP transactions
- Custom date ranges: You can only select from a predefined set of date ranges/time frames
- Customisation: You can’t edit or amend the dashboard information or layout
- Responsive, easy-to-understand interface
- Customer-friendly mobile and tablet app
- Provides helpful transaction insights
- Some limitations to the dashboard
If you are looking for a payment provider whose mission is to help small- and medium-sized businesses increase sales and drive growth with a simplified payment solution, Mollie is the best choice for your business.
Mollie is trusted by more than 130,000 businesses, including Ernest Wright, Snag, Facetheory, and Lounge Underwear. They offer a frictionless, quick set-up for businesses and best-in-class plugins and integrations, creating an effortless payment experience for your customers.
Opayo is also another great choice. They offer seamless integration, an easy-to-understand pricing structure, excellent customer support, and a dashboard that offers in-depth insights. However, it does slightly fall behind Mollie with limited payment methods available and fewer customisable insights.