Klarna: Pay now
With Mollie, you can integrate Klarna, a secure payment solution that allows your customers to pay in multiple and convenient ways. Klarna: Pay now is a flexible payment method where customers can choose from an online bank transfer or a direct debit order. Start processing one-off payments right away and solely pay for successful transactions, no hidden fees involved.
- At checkout, the customer selects ‘Klarna: Pay now’ as their payment method
- The customer is redirected to the Klarna hosted payment page and chooses preferred payment method
- For bank transfers, customers enter their sort code/bank code. They enter a username and password to login to their bank account. They then enter a transaction authentication number (TAN) or equivalent depending on the country and their bank. Payment is authorised in real-time, the shopper should return on the merchants supplied redirectUrl
- For direct debits, existing Klarna customers enter account credentials and new customers will have to create a Klarna account to confirm the payment by providing their IBAN
With Klarna: Pay now, customers can pay for one-off transactions securely and immediately using their own online banking details through bank transfers or direct debit orders. As a merchant, you are protected against customer non-payment risk and are paid out 5 business days after the order is shipped. Thanks to the real-time transaction confirmation that you’ll receive, you can dispatch the goods to your customers immediately and reap the rewards of payout guarantees.
During checkout, the customer selects Klarna: Pay now with online banking in the checkout or direct debit. The relevant order information from your online shop is automatically carried over to the secure Klarna payment form where customers will either have to provide their banking credentials or create a Klarna account to confirm the payment, making the payment process very easy.
As a consumer centric company, Klarna bases variables like costs and the availability of their products on the location of your customer. Klarna: Pay now is available for customers residing in Germany, Austria, The Netherlands, Finland*, Belgium*, Sweden, Norway, and Denmark. For more information on the costs, check out this article in our help center.
*Klarna: Pay now via direct debit is not available in these countries.
Klarna covers all fraud and financial risks that arise when offering your customers the option to pay later.
Note: You can also check Klarna’ Terms and Conditions here.
- Implementing Klarna gets you both simplicity and the ultimate payment flexibility for both you and your customer. Through the Mollie Orders API, you get a carefree implementation process and ease managing this payment solution
- Implementing Klarna with Mollie also offers you transparent pricing and countless features to get the most out of your money management
- We also have plugins for many popular e-commerce platforms, making implementation smooth and seamless. All you have to do is activate Klarna in your dashboard and you can start receiving Klarna payments in no time